GREEN BEANS IN TOMATO SAUCE
Preparation 25 min
Cooking time 50 min
- Wash and drain the beans. Using a knife, cut off the tips and remove any stringy fiber along the seams.
- In a large pot over medium heat, warm half the olive oil and cook the onion until translucent. Stir in the garlic. Add the green beans and toss to coat in the oil.
- Add the potatoes, marinara sauce, salt and pepper. Add enough water to come about a third of the way up the contents of the pot.
- Cover and simmer for 45 minutes, or until the beans are tender. Before removing from the heat, stir in the parsley and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper as desired.
- To serve: on a large plate, garnish the beans with the crumbled feta, oregano and a drizzle of olive oil.