Preparation 20 min.
Cooking time 30 min.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- In a frying pan over medium-low heat, sear the sausages for 10 minutes, turning them to brown evenly on all sides. Remove from the heat and cool on a plate lined with paper towels.
- On a lightly floured surface, unfold the puff pastry. Cut each piece in ½ lengthwise and brush the top sides with Dijon mustard. Starting at the long end of the pastry, place 1 sausage on top of the mustard and roll it up in the pastry tightly. Seal the pastry edge with water. Cut off the excess pastry, if any.
- Repeat with the remaining 3 sausages.
- Place the 4 rolls, seam side down, on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Brush each sausage pastry roll with the egg wash, and sprinkle each with sesame seeds.
- For salsa rosa: in a small saucepan, heat olive oil then add garlic, onion, carrot and hot pepper. Let cook for 5 minutes. Add marinara sauce, vinegar, sugar and season with salt and pepper. Simmer on medium heat for 7-10 minutes. Remove from stove and let cool. Place mixture in food processor with mayonnaise and sriracha. Blend until smooth. (If sauce is too thick, add 2-4 tbsp of hot water).
- Bake rolls for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from the oven, and let cool slightly before slicing. Slice into bite-sized pieces and serve with a side of salsa rosa for dipping.