Charcuterie platter with sgonfiotti
Preparation 5 min.
Cooking time 10 min.
Note that the sgonfiotti dough will need to rise for 1 hour
For the sgonfiotti
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs with the flour.
- In another bowl, combine the yeast, salt, saffron, cinnamon and water.
- Add the water mixture to the egg mixture. Stir to combine, about 2-3 minutes.
- Cover the dough and let proof at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Bring a pot with about 2 inches of olive oil to 350F.
- With a tablespoon, scoop dough and drop into the hot oil, without overcrowding, about 6-7 at a time. Cook 2-3 minutes until golden. Transfer to a paper towel-lined baking sheet.
- Serve on a charcuterie board with Stefano cured meats, marinated vegetables, dried and fresh fruit, nuts.