Preparation 5 min.
Cooking time 10 min.
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange 4 slices of the bread and spread 1 tbsp of Dijon mustard on each slice.
- Spread about half of the Alfredo sauce on top of the mustard, dividing it evenly all the way to the edges.
- Top with two slices of ham per slice of bread and half of the Gruyère cheese.
- Close the sandwiches with the remaining slices of bread and spread more Alfredo sauce. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Season with freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Bake the croque-monsieur in the oven until the cheese is bubbling and golden, 10 to 15 minutes. Serve hot.
- Serve with a fresh side salad, and if desired, top each baked croque-monsieur with a fried egg.