ALSATIAN INSPIRED CHEESE AND SAUSAGE TART
Preparation 20 min.
Cooking time 30 min.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a medium frying pan over medium heat, add olive oil and cook the onions until translucent and lightly golden. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- On a lightly floured surface, unfold the puff pastry and roll out, if needed. Transfer to a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Spread alfredo sauce evenly over pastry, leaving a 1-inch border all around. Sprinkle with nutmeg and thyme. Season with freshly grated black pepper if desired.
- Scatter crumbled sausage and cooked onion on top, then sprinkle with gruyere cheese. Bake until pastry is golden brown, from 25 to 30 minutes.
- Garnish with chives and cut into squares. Serve warm with a salad of your choice.