Frittata alla carbonara
Preparation 15 min
Cooking time 20 min
- Adjust the oven rack to the middle position and preheat the oven to 425F.
- In a cast iron skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon until it has rendered its fat and become crispy. Once cooked, remove the bacon from the pan with a slotted spoon and allow it to cool slightly. Keep the remaining bacon grease in the cast iron skillet for the frittata.
- Meanwhile in a large mixing bowl whisk the eggs, parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper to taste. Add the cooled, cooked spaghetti to the bowl as well as the bacon and mix until well combined.
- Heat the cast iron skillet with the bacon grease in it over medium-high heat and add the spaghetti mixture, leveling it out with a spatula. Cook it on the stove for 2-3 minutes before putting it in the oven to cook for an additional 10-12 minutes.
- Once ready, broil the top for about 2 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Cut the frittata into wedges and serve immediately.