CHEESY OVEN-BAKED PASTA
Preparation 15 min
Cooking time 30 min
- Preheat oven to 400 °F (200 °C).
- Butter a large baking dish.
- In a large pot, cook the pasta in boiling, salted water. Undercook the pasta as it will continue to cook in the oven.
- Drain pasta and place in a large bowl.
- Incorporate the sauce into the pasta by mixing well.
- Add asparagus, mozzarella and Parmesan, mixing well.
- Set aside a small quantity of Parmesan.
- The mix should be quite liquid as the pasta will absorb it while baking. If the mixture seems too dry, add a bit of milk, water or stock.
- Adjust seasoning, as needed.
- Pour pasta mixture into buttered baking dish, top with the remaining Parmesan and, if desired, hand-torn pieces of mozzarella cheese. Dab with butter.
- Bake in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes, until the top of the pasta is golden brown and bubbling. Let rest 5 minutes before serving.