HAZELNUT COCOA THUMBPRINT COOKIES
Preparation 15 min
Cooking time 12 min
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place the butter in a bowl. With the paddle attachment on, beat on low speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract, scraping the sides of the bowl with a spatula, if needed.
- With the mixer on the lowest speed, slowly add the sugar, flour, cocoa powder and salt. Stir until just combined.
- Remove the cookie dough from the mixing bowl and place it on a sheet of parchment paper. Lightly knead it with your hands until smooth and shiny.
- With a small cookie dough scoop, drop cookie dough onto a sheet of parchment paper. Shape each cookie dough scoop into a ball.
- Place the chopped hazelnuts into a bowl and roll each ball into nuts, pressing gently.
- Arrange balls 1 inch apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Press thumb into center of each cookie, leaving an indentation.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove cookies from the baking sheets and cool completely on wire racks.
- Spoon a little bit of hazelnut cocoa spread into the center of each cookie.