ITALIAN SAUSAGE STUFFED PEPPERS
Preparation 30 min
Cooking time 20 min
- Sauté sausage and onion until browned. Add garlic and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Stir in tomato sauce, simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in rice and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Parboil the peppers and drain well.
- Stuff sausage and rice mixture into the hollowed-out peppers. Place inside lightly greased muffin pan and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Garnish with fresh basil, if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 25-30 minutes, or until peppers are tender.