PACCHERI WITH SEAFOOD
Preparation 5 min
Cooking time 20 min
For the pangrattato
- With a food processor, make breadcrumbs out of the bread. In a pan, on medium-high heat, toss the breadcrumbs with a bit of olive oil, until lightly golden. Remove from heat and let cool on paper towel before seasoning with salt and pepper.
For the pasta
- In a large sauce pan, heat olive oil, anchovies, chili flakes, pinch of salt and pepper on medium-high heat.
- In a pan, heat some olive oil and cook scallops, about 1 to 2 minutes per side. Center of scallops should be slightly translucent. Set aside.
- During this time, in a large pot, bring to a boil salted water for pasta.
- Add the sauce to the anchovies. Then add shrimps and white wine.
- Cook pasta. Save a cup of the cooking water to add to the sauce as needed.
- Drain pasta when it is very al dente, as it will continue to cook in the seafood sauce for a few minutes.
- Add the pasta to the sauce, along with the scallops. Stir together on medium heat. Add basil and parsley. Remove from heat and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, to taste. Garnish each portion with a tablespoon of pangrattato.