LINGUINE FRA DIAVOLO WITH SHRIMP
Preparation 20 min
Cooking time 25 min
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of oil, over medium-high heat.
- When it begins to smoke, add half the shrimp and lightly brown but do not cook all the way though, 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Transfer to a bowl and repeat with the remaining shrimp.
- Add the white wine, stir to deglaze the pan, and cook for 1 minute to reduce.
- Add the jar of sauce and stir.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta. Salt the water and cook the pasta to al dente. Before draining, reserve about 1/2 cup of the starchy pasta cooking water. Drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
- Five minutes before draining the pasta, return the shrimp to the sauce and cook for 5 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Combine the drained pasta, sauce and starchy water, and toss with tongs for 1-2 minutes for the flavors to be absorbed. Just before serving, garnish with parsley