CIOPPINO (SEAFOOD SOUP)
Preparation 30 min
Cooking time 30 min
- Pour olive oil into large pot over medium-high heat.
- Slip the halibut into oil, season with salt and brown on all sides, about 3-4 minutes in all. Remove halibut onto a plate.
- Add the garlic to the pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until garlic is softened, about 5 minutes. Add white wine and cook until the wine is reduced by half.
- Add the Stefano Faita Marinara sauce. Sprinkle in the pepperoncino and continue to let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Return the fish to the pot and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the clams, cover the pot, and simmer until the clams begin to open, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the mussels, cover and cook until they begin to open, another 2 minutes.
- Finally, add the shrimp. Simmer, uncovered, until the shrimp are just cooked through, about 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in parsley and serve in warm bowls.