PAN-SEARED PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS
Preparation 15 min
Cooking time 10 min
- In a small bowl, prepare the marinade by combining garlic, parsley, extra virgin olive oil, salt, lemon juice and chili flakes.
- Pour several tablespoons of the marinade on top of the mushrooms on both sides. Reserve some of the marinade to use during cooking.
- In a frying pan over medium-high heat, cook the mushrooms by searing them on both sides until they are soft and tender. Pour the remaining marinade over the mushrooms 1–2 minutes before they are cooked.
- In a pot, heat half a jar of Stefano vegan sausage & mushrooms sauce over medium heat until it simmers.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine all of the plant-based topping ingredients. Pulse until the entire mixture is fully combined and uniform in texture. This mixture can be stored in an airtight container and refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.
- To serve individual portions, spoon several tablespoons of Stefano vegan sausage & mushrooms on a plate, arrange slices of portobello mushrooms on top of the sauce in a fan and sprinkle with plant-based topping.