Preparation 15 min.
Cooking time 50 min.
- Preheat oven to 400 Fahrenheit.
- Toss eggplant in olive oil and arrange on a sheet pan. Roast until tender and browned, about 20-30 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, heat 3 tbsp olive oil on medium heat and cook onions until translucent and lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add 1 jar of tomato basil sauce, eggplant, chickpeas, paprika, cayenne pepper, dried mint, and water. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook for about 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on a platter with warm pita bread.