PAN SHEET PEPPERONI PIZZA
Preparation 20 min
Cooking time 20-25 min
Allow 1h30 to let the dough rise.
- In a large bowl, combine the water and yeast. Stir and let rest a few minutes until the yeast is active.
- Add the flour and mix by hand for 3 to 4 minutes to combine well. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Add the salt and oil to the dough and mix well.
- Once well combined, transfer the dough to a floured work surface and knead for 5 to 7 minutes or until the dough has a smooth texture.
- Transfer to an oiled bowl and cover with a clean damp dish cloth. Let the dough rise for 1½ hours, preferably in a warm part of the kitchen.
- Preheat the oven to 450 °F and lightly oil a 13 x 18-inch sheet pan.
- Transfer the dough to the prepared sheet pan and spread out until it is ½ inch thick.
- With your fingers, dimple the dough to create depressions, making sure the dough is stretched across the pan. If the dough resists, let it rest for 20 minutes and work it again.
- Cover the dough with the pizza sauce. Evenly spread the mozzarella, Parmesan and pepperoni on top.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until the edges are golden brown.
- Transfer the pizza to a cooling rack and let it rest before serving.