PENNE ALLA VODKA
Preparation 15 min.
Cooking time 20 min.
- In a large frying pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring often, until soft, about 6-8 minutes. Add pepper flakes and black pepper; stir for 10 seconds.
- Add one jar of Stefano rose sauce, reduce heat to low, and cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens, 10-12 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In the meantime, bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta. Salt the water and cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package. Before draining, reserve about 1 cup of the starchy pasta cooking water.
- Once the sauce has thickened, add vodka and stir well. Next add shrimp and allow to cook for 3-4 minutes until just tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add drained pasta to sauce in frying pan and toss vigorously with tongs to coat. Add 1/2 cup of the reserved pasta water and cook until sauce coats pasta and pasta is al dente, about 2 minutes. (Add a little pasta water if sauce is too dry.)
- Transfer pasta to warmed bowls. Top with more cheese if desired.