Sausage and Peperonata Sandwich
Preparation 15 min
Cooking time 45 min
- In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic. Cook 3 to 4 minutes stirring regularly to avoid browning.
- Add the bell peppers, oregano, salt, and pepper. Partially cover the pan and cook for 15 minutes over low heat, stirring regularly.
- Preheat the grill.
- Pour the arrabbiata sauce and continue cooking 5 to 7 minutes over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill the sausages according to the instructions on the package.
- Line the Toscana buns with the cheese slices. Divide the peperonata among the buns. Add the grilled sausages and top with the mustard. Serve immediately.