Sausage and Rapini Pizza
Preparation 15 min
Cooking time 7 - 10 min
Resting time: 3–4 hours
FOR THE TOPPINGS
- Preheat the oven to 500 °F.
- Place a pizza stone on the middle rack of the oven and heat for at least 1 hour.
FOR THE DOUGH
- In a stand mixer, combine the flour, water, and yeast.
- Knead the mixture at medium-low speed for about 3 to 4 minutes. Pour in oil and add the salt. Continue kneading until a dough forms, ensuring all ingredients are well incorporated. Let rest at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Knead again for 3 minutes. Divide the dough into 4 equal parts and shape them into balls.
- Place the dough balls on a well-floured work surface, cover with a damp cloth, and let rise at room temperature for 3 to 4 hours. (You may also refrigerate the dough for 8 to 24 hours. When ready to use, let the dough come to room temperature for 30 to 45 minutes).
- Place each ball on a well-floured workspace and, using fingers, stretch out the dough in all directions at first. Then, shape the dough into circles or squares, as desired.
FOR THE TOPPINGS
- Put the pizza sauce in the middle of the stretched-out rounds of dough and, using the back of a spoon, spread it evenly on the surface, leaving a ½-inch border for the crust.
- Top with the mozzarella, sausage, olives, and rapini.
- Using a pizza peel, slide one pizza on the preheated stone in the oven. Bake for 7 to 10 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is bubbling. Repeat the process with all pizzas.
- Finish with a sprinkle of Parmesan or pecorino and a drizzle of spicy oil (optional). Serve immediately. Buon appetito!