CALAMARI AND SHRIMP FRITTO MISTO
Preparation 15 min
Cooking time 10 min
Marination time 24 hours in the fridge
- Marinate cut calamari in buttermilk for 24 hours, refrigerate.
- Preheat oil in a heavy, deep frying pan or pot. Oil should be heated to 365F.
- In a medium size mixing bowl combine together flour, semolina flour, and polenta. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Drain the seafood from the buttermilk. Dredge squid and shrimp through seasoned flour mixture. Shake off excess.
- Place squid and shrimp in hot oil for 30–45 seconds until light golden brown. Beware of overcooking the seafood.
- Drain fried seafood on paper towels. Serve hot with Stefano marinara sauce for dipping and wedges of lemon.