CHICKEN AND BARLEY STEW
Preparation 20 min
Cooking time 1h10
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and sear for 2 minutes on each side. Season with salt and black pepper. Remove the chicken and set aside.
- To the same pot, add the onion, celery, carrots, and garlic and cook while stirring for 5 to 7 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Add the thyme and barley. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, combining well.
- Deglaze with white wine and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the pot and add the chicken broth. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the barley is tender, about 50 minutes.
- Once the barley is cooked, stir in the zucchini. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Cover and cook until the zucchini is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.