TUSCAN CHICKPEA AND PASTINA SOUP
Preparation 15 min
Cooking time 20 min
- Drain and rinse the canned chickpeas well.
- In a large heavy bottomed soup pot, heat the olive oil. Add the onion, cook 1 minute; then add the carrot and celery and cook 4 minutes. Add the garlic, sauté one more minute.
- Add the jar of sauce and 6 cups of liquid. Stir well. Cover and cook 15-20 minutes adding more water or broth if it seems low. It is not a very liquid mixture.
- Add 1 tsp. or more of sea salt, a few grinds of fresh black pepper, chick peas and the pasta. Cook pasta for the time indicated on the box.
- Turn off and let rest a few minutes before serving. Be sure to taste the soup and adjust the seasoning.