CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE FIDEOS
Preparation 25 min.
Cooking time 60 min.
Saffron aïoli ingredients
- Preheat oven to 375 Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, season the chicken thighs with paprika, salt and pepper. Toss to coat evenly.
- In a large frying pan, heat olive oil on medium heat. Fry the sausage, turning them over every couple of minutes until they are brown and crispy on the exterior. Remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, brown the chicken skin side down undisturbed for 10-12 minutes until the skin is golden brown. Remove chicken once browned and set aside skin side up.
- In the same skillet, reduce the heat to medium-low and add the broken pasta. Sautee for 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add onion, leek, garlic and tomato paste and cook for an additional 10-12 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the juice of ½ lemon and stir to combine.
- Add chicken broth, increase heat to medium and bring to a simmer for 1-2 minutes. Stir to combine, season with salt and pepper to taste and spread in an even layer.
- Nestle the sausage and chicken thighs into the pasta as well as any juices, arranging chicken skin side up.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and cook for about 25 minutes until the chicken is cooked through, pasta has absorbed the liquid and the top has browned.
- Remove from the oven, add peas and chopped parsley. Garnish with lemon wedges, parsley and dollops of saffron aioli. Serve.
Saffron aïoli preparation
- Infuse saffron threads in hot water for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients including the saffron water until well combined and smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate.