HAZELNUT COCOA PANETTONE BREAD PUDDING
Preparation 45 min
Cooking time 30 min
Allow 3 to 12 hours of rest before cooking so that the panettone absorbs the liquid well
- Preheat the oven to 300F.
- Spread torn panettone on a baking sheet and bake, tossing halfway through and reducing oven temperature if pieces get too golden, until panettone are very dry and slightly toasted, 25–35 minutes. Let cool, then transfer to a large bowl.
- In the meantime, heat cream, milk and salt in a medium saucepan over medium-high. As soon as mixture starts to boil, remove from heat. Whisk chocolate hazelnut spread with the cram mixture until well combined and smooth.
- Pour chocolate hazelnut milk mixture into a blender. Add egg and egg yolks and blend, starting on low and increasing speed to high, until mixture is light and foamy, 20–30 seconds. Pour over reserved panettone and toss to coat.
- Brush an 8×8” baking dish with half of the melted butter.
- Pour the bread and custard mixture into the buttered baking dish. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and chill at least 3 hours and up to 12 hours so that the panettone can absorb the liquid.
- When ready to bake, remove the plastic wrap and sprinkle the top with sugar,melted butter then top with hazelnuts, if using. Bake bread pudding until lightly golden and puffed, 30–40 minutes.
- Let cool 1 hour before serving.