Preparation 15 min
Cooking time 20 min
- In a large frying pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the sliced zucchini and cook for about 7-8 minutes until they are lightly browned.
- Add the garlic and chili flakes and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water, according to instruction on package. Before draining, reserve about 1 cup of the starchy pasta cooking water.
- Add the drained pasta to the frying pan with the zucchini. Add a ladleful of the starchy water. Mix everything together vigorously for a minute or two.
- Add the grated provolone cheese, lemon zest and basil and continue mixing until the cheese has completely melted. Add more pasta water as needed until the sauce becomes creamy.
- Plate and serve the linguine with a sprinkle of pecorino cheese and freshly grated black pepper.