LOBSTER EGGS BENEDICT
Preparation 20 min
Cooking time 20 min
- In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the spinach and cook until wilted. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Drain the spinach and set aside on a paper towel.
- Bring a pan of water to a boil and stir in the vinegar. Break each of the 4 eggs into four individual bowls or cups. Reduce the heat to a simmer and gently slide the eggs into the water, one at a time. Cook for 3 minutes. Remove the eggs from the water with a slotted spoon, placing them on absorbent paper. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a small pan. Remove from the heat, but make sure the butter stays hot so it can be incorporated.
- Add the 2 eggs, the lemon juice, and a pinch of salt to a blender. Mix on high speed for 30 to 45 seconds, until the mixture is pale and slightly foamy. Without stopping the blender, trickle in about half of the still hot melted butter and wait 30 to 45 seconds. Still without stopping the blender, trickle in the rest of the melted butter and continue blending for 30 to 45 seconds. Set the hollandaise sauce aside.
- Toast and butter the English muffins.
- Place one half of a toasted and buttered English muffin on each plate and top them with the spinach. Spread the lobster meat evenly on top of the spinach. Add a poached egg on top of the lobster, then pour the hollandaise sauce over each serving.
- Garnish with the chopped chives and lemon zest.