Preparation 15 min
Cooking time 30 min
- Heat the chicken broth in a medium saucepan and keep warm over low heat.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, until translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the fresh mushrooms, herbs and butter. Sauté for 3 to 5 minutes until lightly browned and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the dried porcini mushrooms, season again with salt and pepper.
- Add the rice and stir quickly until it is well coated and opaque, 1 minute. This step cooks the starchy coating and prevents the grains from sticking.
- Stir in wine and cook until it is nearly all evaporated.
- Using a ladle, add 1 cup of the warm broth and cook, stirring, until the rice has absorbed the liquid. Add the remaining broth, 1 cup at a time. Continue to cook and stir, allowing the rice to absorb each addition of broth before adding more. The risotto should be slightly firm and creamy, not mushy.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese and butter, cook briefly until melted.
- Remove bay leaves, top with fresh chopped parsley and serve.