Roasted beets with gorgonzola and balsamic vinaigrette
Preparation 15 min.
Cooking time 50 min.
You can make this recipe with pre-cooked beets to save the cooking time
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F.
- Individually wrap the beets in aluminum foil and place them on a sheet pan. Roast for 50 to 60 minutes, depending on size, until tender when pricked.
- Unwrap each beet and set them aside for 10 minutes until they are cool enough to handle.
- Peel the beets and slice them into ¼-inch slices.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a separate bowl, toss the arugula with some of the vinaigrette.
- Arrange the beet slices on a serving platter, sprinkle with hazelnuts and scatter crumbled gorgonzola cheese all over. Drizzle with the vinaigrette and top with arugula. Serve.