SAUSAGE STUFFED TOMATOES
Cooking time 40
- Preheat the oven to 340°F.
- Remove the tops of the tomatoes and set aside. Carefully scoop out the pulp of each tomato and place in a bowl.
- Add the sausage meat to a bowl with half the parsley, thyme and lemon zest and mix well.
- Season the insides of the scooped-out tomatoes with salt and pepper and stuff the sausage mix into the cavities to just below the brim. Place the lids onto the tomatoes and transfer to a roasting pan, along with the white wine, garlic cloves and tarragon stems. Cover the pan with foil and cook in the oven for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove the foil and increase the heat to 350°F. Cook for another 10 minutes.
- Remove the tomatoes from the oven and ensure that the sausage meat is completely cooked through.
- Finely chop the reserved tomato pulp. To the bowl add the shallots, chopped tarragon, rest of the flat-leaf parsley, olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. Add a tablespoon of the pan juices from the cooked tomatoes and mix well.
- To serve: spoon the tomato pulp vinaigrette onto a serving dish. Top with a stuffed tomato and garnish with chopped fine herbs, as desired.