Preparation 15 min.
Cooking time 30 min.
- In a large bowl, mix eggs, water, flour and salt to make a thin, smooth batter. Refrigerate for 15 to 30 minutes.
- In a small non-stick frying pan, heat vegetable oil over medium heat. Pour a small amount of batter into the pan and swirl into a thin crepe. The crepes cook for 20-30 seconds on each side.
- Repeat above step until batter is finished. Crepes can be stacked while waiting to be used.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- To prepare the filling, combine all of the ingredients together in a large bowl and stir well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large 13×9 baking dish, drizzle a little olive oil and spoon a thin layer of sauce on the bottom.
- To prepare manicotti: place about ¼ cup of the filling lengthwise down the center of a crepe, roll it up and place it seam side down in the dish.
- Continue with the remaining crepes and filling, arranging them close together in the baking dish.
- Spoon the remaining sauce over the top and sprinkle with parmesan and mozzarella cheeses.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbling and the manicotti are heated through. Serve immediately.