Preparation 45 min.
Cooking time 35 min.
- Preheat the oven to 350 Fahrenheit.
- In a large sauce pan, heat vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until translucent. Add the jalapeno peppers and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the jar of arrabbiata sauce and the chicken broth and bring the mixture to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- Transfer the sauce to a food processor or blender, add the sour cream and cumin and blend to a smooth puree. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In the meantime, lay the tortillas out on a baking sheet and lightly brush both sides with vegetable oil.
- Bake the tortillas at 350 degrees just long enough to warm through and soften, about 3 minutes. Once done, stack the tortillas and cover with a towel to keep them warm and soft.
- Spread about ½ cup of the enchilada sauce over the bottom of a large 13×9 baking dish.
- Place remaining sauce in a shallow bowl and, using tongs, dip each tortilla in the enchilada sauce to lightly coat. Spoon ¼ cup of chicken in each, fold over filling, and place each enchilada, seam side down, in the baking dish. Top with the remaining enchilada sauce and cheese.
- Bake until the enchiladas are hot and the cheese has browned slightly, about 15 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve.