Preparation 30 min
Cooking time 1-2 h
- Sprinkle the flour onto a large plate and season with salt and pepper. Dredge the chicken pieces into the flour.
- In a large frying pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Brown the chicken, 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Remove chicken once browned and place on a baking pan lined with paper towels.
- In the same frying pan, then fry onions, garlic and peppers for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Pour in wine and sherry and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in the arrabbiata sauce and return to a simmer.
- Return the chicken pieces to the sauce, cover and slowly simmer, on medium-low heat, for 1-1 1/2 hours or until chicken is cooked through. Peppers must be tender and the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Serve the chicken on a large platter and garnish with parsley.