LASAGNA WITH MINI MEATBALLS
Preparation 10 min.
Cooking time 30 min.
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Cut each meatball into 8 pieces, and shape each piece into a mini meatball.
- Transfer mini meatballs to a parchment-lined sheet pan, and cook in the oven on broil for approximately 2 minutes, turning once halfway through.
- Generously oil an 8 x11-inch casserole dish. Pour in just enough tomato sauce to coat the bottom of the dish. Add lasagna sheets (two per layer), add tomato sauce, chopped eggs, mozzarella, Parmigiano Reggiano and mini meatballs. Repeat until the casserole dish is full (approximately six layers). Top layer will be tomato sauce, chopped eggs, and both cheeses.
- Bake at 350 °F for 30 minutes or until the lasagna is bubbly and golden brown.
- Allow to rest before cutting and serving. (The lasagna can be made two days in advance and refrigerated)