MILK BRAISED PORK
Preparation 20 min
Cooking time 3 h
Season, cover and refrigerate for 8 to 12 hours
- Season the pork generously with crushed fennel seeds, salt, and black pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 8 to 12 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 300 °F.
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat and sear the pork on all sides. Remove the meat from the pot and set aside.
- In the same pot, add the garlic, lemon zest, sage, and fennel. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the pork back to the pot along with the milk. Cover and braise in the oven for 3 hours or until tender.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and transfer the pork to a cutting board. Let rest for 15 minutes.
- In the bowl of a blender, blend the braising liquid. Pour into a pot and reduce over medium heat until the milk caramelizes and coats the back of a spoon.
- Slice the pork and transfer it to a platter. Spoon the sauce over the meat and serve.