SICILIAN EGGPLANT SANDWICH
Preparation 15 min
Cooking time 10 min
- Brush both sides of the eggplant slices with the olive oil. Then coat with the breadcrumbs.
- Preheat the barbecue to medium-high heat. Once ready, grill the breaded eggplant slices until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Once all the slices are cooked, set aside.
- Place 2 slices each of the Provolone and prosciutto cotto between 2 slices of the eggplant, creating a sandwich.
- Meanwhile heat the tomato basil sauce.
- Cut each sandwich in half and and put 60 ml (1/4 cup) of tomato sauce on each plate. Place the sandwich on top and serve.