SPAGHETTI MARINARA WITH MUSSELS
Preparation 15 min
Cooking time 20-30 min
- Scrub mussels and remove any beards. Discard any mussels with cracked shells and that do not close when tapped.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. When oil is hot, add onion and garlic. Sauté until softened, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add wine to the skillet and bring to a simmer. Add bay leaves and the jar of Marinara sauce, let simmer for 1 to 2 minutes. Add mussels. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook until mussels open, about 5 minutes. Discard any mussels that do not open.
- Cook spaghetti al dente.
- Add pasta to the sauce and cook for 1-2 minutes. Toss together until sauce coats the pasta and finish with freshly chopped parsley and a good drizzle of olive oil.