Sugar Shack Pork Osso Buco
Preparation 40 min
Cooking time 3 hrs
- Preheat your oven to 325°F.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and spices to make a dredge.
- Season the pork pieces with salt and pepper to taste. Dredge in your seasoned flour and shake off any excess.
- Heat the olive oil in a large Dutch oven that can accommodate all the pieces of pork, over medium-high heat. Brown the pork pieces on both sides, until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer the pork onto a plate and set aside.
- In the same Dutch oven, reduce the heat to medium and cook the celery, carrot, onion and garlic for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the white wine and cook to reduce, 2-3 minutes. Add the sauce, stock, maple syrup and bay leaves. Stir well.
- Add the pork to the sauce, nestling them gently without overlapping. Cover and cook in the oven 2 ½ - 3 hours, until fork tender.
- Once done, remove meat from the sauce. Strain the sauce in a fine mesh strainer, over a bowl.
- Transfer the meat to a serving platter and spoon the sauce over the osso buco. Enjoy!