Maple Balsamic Pickled Beets
Preparation 20 min
Cooking time 45 min
Foresee 24h resting time to marinate the beets. You can also use pre-cooked beets.
- In a large pot, bring enough water to a boil to accommodate the beets.
- Cook beets until almost tender, about 25-35 minutes. Drain and let cool.
- Peel the beets and cut into halves or quarters lengthwise, depending on size.
- In a saucepan, add vinegars, syrup, water, salt, cinnamon sticks and ginger. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, add the beets and the liquid, ensuring beets are submerged in the pickling liquid. Let marinate at room temperature for an hour before refrigerating overnight.
- To serve, place marinated beets on a serving dish. Garnish with fresh chives, dill and dollops of sour cream.