Italian-style Baked Beans
Preparation 15 min
Cooking time 35 min
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a Dutch oven, heat the olive oil on medium heat. Add the pancetta and cook until it starts rendering its fat.
- Once the pancetta is rendered, add the sausages and cook for 3-5 minutes, until golden brown. Add garlic, onion and chili flakes. Cook for another 2-4 minutes.
- Add the sage and cook for an additional minute, until fragrant.
- Add the sauce, beans, vinegar and maple syrup. Stir well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and bake in the oven, covered, for 15 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy!