PASTA ALLA NORCINA
Preparation 15 min
Cooking time 20 min
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil for pasta. Salt the water and cook the pasta to al dente.
- Remove the sausage meat from the casings, and cook until no longer pink in a heavy saucepan over medium heat, breaking up the meat with a fork as it cooks.
- Once the meat begins to brown, add the olive oil, onions and mushrooms and continue to cook until the onions and mushrooms are soft and just beginning to brown, then add the garlic and cook another minute or two.
- Add white wine, and simmer uncovered a few minutes until the wine has reduced by half.
- Add Stefano Alfredo sauce and season with salt, red pepper flakes and black pepper to taste. Mix the sauce with the pasta and serve.