ITALIAN SAUSAGE MAC AND CHEESE
Preparation 15 min
Cooking time 45 min
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large oven-safe pan, cook sausage meat, over medium-high heat, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, until seared and no longer pink, about 4 minutes.
- Add shallots, garlic and cook, stirring, until soft, about 5 minutes more.
- Add macaroni pasta and stir until coated, then add broth and season with salt. Bring liquid to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until pasta is al dente and almost all the liquid has been absorbed, about 25 minutes.
- Stir in cream and simmer until almost all absorbed, 2 minutes more. Remove from heat and stir in half the cheeses.
- Transfer mixture to a large baking dish and sprinkle remaining cheeses. Bake until cheese is bubbly and golden, about 10 minutes.