Pasta e Piselli
Preparation 5 min.
Cooking time 35 min.
- In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for about 5 to 7 minutes. Add the chili flakes and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Add the water, salt, and peas, increase heat and bring to a boil. Once boiling, mash some of the peas with a wooden spoon.
- Add the pasta to the pan and reduce the heat to medium. Cook the pasta at a moderate simmer until al dente, about 4 minutes. Make sure to stir frequently to avoid sticking. Add more water if the preparation begins to dry out.
- Once the pasta is al dente, remove the pan from the heat and mix in the Parmesan, mint, and lemon zest. Season with black pepper to taste. If the pasta is at all dry, add a little more water to loosen it up.
- Serve in bowls with a drizzle of olive oil and a generous amount of grated Parmesan. Buon appetito!