Pasta e fagioli
Preparation 15 min.
Cooking time 30 min.
- In a large deep pot, heat olive oil over medium heat and cook the onions until translucent.
- Add garlic, carrots and celery and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain and rinse the beans. Add to the pot as well as the arrabbiata sauce. Cook covered for 20 minutes over low heat.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta. Salt the water and cook the broken spaghetti for 2-3 minutes before adding the macaroni and cooking for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the drained pasta to the sauce mixture as well as the chicken stock and cook covered on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Ladle in bowls, top with grated cheese and a drizzle of good quality olive oil. Serve.