Preparation 15 min
Cooking time 35 min
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, celery, and garlic. Cook while stirring for 5 to 7 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Incorporate the kale and cook until wilted, 4 to 6 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Add the tomato basil sauce, Parmesan rind, beans, and water. Season with salt and black pepper. Bring to a simmer, cover, and cook for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- Put half of the bread pieces into the soup and stir. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Top the ribollita with the remaining pieces of bread, drizzle with olive oil, and bake uncovered until the top bread is golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls, drizzle with more olive oil, garnish with the grated Parmesan, and serve.